Homelessness, addictions and mental health in a northern, rural context [electronic resource] : using mixed research methods in a community-based research design to identify gaps in services / Michael G. Young
- Young, Michael G.
- London : SAGE Publications, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- SAGE research methods. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The research question in this case focused on the role that gaps in services played in the lives of homeless men and women in Inuvik, North West Territories. In particular, the relationship between concurrent disorders, addictions and mental health problems, and homelessness was examined to determine what role, if any, gaps in services played in being homeless. The research was conducted using a community-based research design employing mixed methods-surveys and focus groups with service providers and homeless persons. I present the findings of this study by working through the processes involved in carrying out the research leading up to the results.
- 9781473950092 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 31508202