Husk Power Systems [electronic resource] : bringing light to rural India and tapping fortune at the bottom of the pyramid / Rakesh Gupta, Ajay Pandit, Abhishek Nirjar & Prashant Gupta
- Gupta, Rakesh
- [London] : SAGE, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Pandit, Ajay, Nirjar, Abhishek, and Gupta, Prashant
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Although the rapid growth of the Indian economy in the last two decades has brought prosperity to a large segment of its population, thereby leading to higher living standards, there still remain some dark spots that cast doubts on this success story. There are still many remote parts of the country which are deprived of power supply owing to lack of regular supply of electricity through normal grid connections. This scenario changed with the launch of Husk Power Systems (HPS), which was initiated after a conversation between two friends, Gyanesh Pandey in Los Angeles, United States of America (USA), and Ratnesh Yadav in Patna, Bihar, India.
- 9789351507628 (ebook)
- Originally Published in: Gupta, R., Pandit, A., Nirjar, A., & Prahsant, G. (2013). Husk Power Systems: Bringing Light to Rural India and Tapping Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Asian Journal of Management Cases 10(2), 129-143. DOI: 10.1177/0972820113493690.
View MARC record | catkey: 31508255