Researcher as facilitator [electronic resource] : designing and running 'playshops' to explore participants relations with technology and science / Cindy Regalado
- Regalado, Cindy
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- SAGE Research Methods. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In this case about the methodologies employed in my PhD research within social studies of technology, I describe my experience developing and delivering "playshops," as part of a multi-method approach. Playshops are adaptable and purposeful spaces for the study and promotion of engagement in do-it-yourself inquiry using playful hands-on learning. In these playshops, I took on the role of "researcher as workshop facilitator." Rather than focusing on the results of my research, I will discuss the design of the playshops and the process of delivering them, highlighting some of the potential outcomes and limitations of using playshops as a research method. I briefly present how the role of "researcher as workshop facilitator" forms part of a multi-method approach, complementing two additional research methods, namely, participant observer and researcher as observer.
- 9781526458759 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31509446