Understanding younger women's experiences with breast cancer and fertility [electronic resource] : a qualitative approach / Karrie Ann Snyder
- Snyder, Karrie Ann
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- SAGE Research Methods. Cases. Part 2
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This research methods case describes a sociological interview-based study with 72 younger adult women (18-40 years) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and their experiences regarding fertility and future family plans. The project came out of an interdisciplinary grant looking to improve the options available to help women preserve their fertility prior to undergoing potentially fertility compromising cancer treatment. My project focused on younger adult womens diagnostic and treatment experiences, fertility concerns, social support resources, and future family plans. Fertility impairment due to cancer has garnered much more scholarly and popular media attention in recent years, but at the time of my research, there were few studies looking at this topic, particularly qualitative work. My research faced several hurdles, including needing to understand the science related to fertility and cancer and issues with recruiting a sample of younger adult women facing breast cancer.
- 9781473971493 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31509892