Using mixed-methods in an action research on youth participation [electronic resource] / Hillary Jephat Musarurwa
- Musarurwa, Hillary Jephat
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- SAGE Research Methods. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case study is an example of transformative mixed-methods research in action. In 2016, I began the methodological journey for my PhD to explore social entrepreneurship as a peacebuilding tool to address structural violence and enhance youth participation in elections and socio-economic processes. In this case study, I discuss my research process beginning with the choices of methodologies and methods and how they guided me in answering my research question. I bring readers into the research process, including designing the data collection phases, how I blended mixed-methods research with action research, gaining access, ethical considerations and challenges encountered, and how I dealt with them. As a pedagogical tool, this case will help other researchers and students learn how to carry out an action research project related to youth participation, choose and use methods, recognize challenges, and develop solutions as they design and carry out their projects within the community.
- 9781526475954 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31510084