Working with families in the lab [electronic resource] : maximizing comfort, safety, and confidentiality for participants in a longitudinal cohort / Jovana Vukovic, Lynda G. Boothroyd, Elizabeth Meins, Michael Burt
- Vukovic, Jovana
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Boothroyd, Lynda G., Meins, Elizabeth, and Burt, Michael, active 2018
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Working with families in the lab presents some challenges that are different to testing single participants. Researchers should prepare very carefully ahead of the start of data collection. The following case study will provide information about some considerations researchers need to make in designing their methods so as to maximize participants' comfort, safety, and confidentiality in the lab. We also emphasize the importance of using child-friendly language and keeping in touch with participants in longitudinal cohorts to maintain trust in these established relationships.
- 9781526435309 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31510362