Haptics: Science, Technology, Applications [electronic resource] : 12th International Conference, EuroHaptics 2020, Leiden, The Netherlands, September 6-9, 2020, Proceedings / edited by Ilana Nisky, Jess Hartcher-O'Brien, Michaël Wiertlewski, Jeroen Smeets
- Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI ; 12272
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Haptic Science -- The EmojiGrid as a Rating Tool for the Affective Appraisal of Touch -- A 2-DoF Skin Stretch Display on Palm: Effect of Stimulation Shape, Speed and Intensity -- User-Defined Mid-Air Haptic Sensations for Interacting with an AR Menu Environment -- Surface Roughness Judgment during Finger Exploration is Changeable by Visual Oscillations -- Identifying tactors locations on the proximal phalanx of the finger for navigation -- Tactile Perception of Objects by the User's Palm for the Development of Multi-contact Wearable Tactile Displays -- From Hate to Love: How Learning Can Change Affective Responses to Touched Materials -- Switching between objects improves precision in haptic perception of softness -- Discriminating between Intensities and Velocities of Mid-Air Haptic Patterns -- Density estimation is influenced more by mass when objects are denser -- Haptic feedback in a teleoperated Box & Blocks task -- Systematic Adaptation of Exploration Force to Exploration Duration in Softness Discrimination -- Perception of vibratory direction on the back -- Comparing Lateral Modulation and Amplitude Modulation in Phantom Sensation -- Context Matters: The Effect of Textual Tone on the Evaluation of Mediated Social Touch -- Influence of roughness on contact force estimation during active touch -- Green Fingers: Plant Thigmo Responses as an Unexplored Area for Haptics Research -- The impact of control-display gain in kinesthetic search -- The arm's blind line: anisotropic distortion in perceived orientation of stimuli on the arm -- Evaluation of Changes in Perceived Intensity and Threshold of Moisture Sensation of Clothes Associated with Skin Moisture -- The Effects of Simultaneous Multi-Point Vibratory Stimulation on Kinesthetic Illusion -- Isometric force matching asymmetries depend on the position of the left hand regardless of handedness -- Computational Model of a Pacinian Corpuscle for an Electrical Stimulus: Spike-Rate and Threshold Characteristics -- Haptic Technology -- SwitchPaD: Active Lateral Force Feedback over a Large Area Based on Switching Resonant Modes -- Visuo-Haptic Display by Embedding Imperceptible Spatial Haptic Information into Projected Images -- Manipulating the Perceived Directions of Wind by Visuo-audio-haptic Cross-modal Effects -- A 6-DoF Zero-order Dynamic Deformable Tool for Haptic Interactions of Deformable and Dynamic Objects -- Evaluating Ultrasonic Tactile Feedback Stimuli -- WeATaViX: WEarable Actuated TAngibles for VIrtual reality eXperiences -- Noncontact Thermal and Vibrotactile Display Using Focused Airborne Ultrasound -- KATIB: Haptic-visual Guidance for Handwriting -- ThermalTex: A two-modal tactile display for delivering surface texture and thermal information -- Can Stiffness Sensations be Rendered in Virtual Reality Using Mid-air Ultrasound Haptic Technologies? -- Midair Haptic Presentation Using Concave Reflector -- Movement-Free Virtual Reality Interface using Kinesthetic Illusion Induced by Tendon Vibration -- Haptic Display Using Fishing Rod -- Confinement of Vibrotactile Stimuli in Periodically Supported Plates -- 2MoTac: Simulation of button click by superposition of two ultrasonic plate waves -- A Proposal and Investigation of Displaying Method by Passive Touch with Electrostatic Tactile Display -- Sensing Ultrasonic Mid-Air Haptics with a Biomimetic Tactile Fingertip -- Soft-wearable device for the estimation of shoulder orientation and gesture -- Wearable Vibrotactile Interface Using Phantom Tactile Sensation for Human-Robot Interaction -- A Parallel Elastic Haptic Thimble for Wide Bandwidth Cutaneous Feedback -- Instrumenting Hand-held Surgical Drills With a Pneumatic Sensing Cover for Haptic Feedback -- Rendering Ultrasound Pressure Distribution on Hand Surface in Real-Time -- Energy Analysis of Lateral vs. Normal Vibration Modes for Ultrasonic Surface Haptic Devices -- Midair Tactile Reproduction of Real Objects -- LinkRing: A Wearable Haptic Display for Delivering Multi-contact and Multi-modal Stimuli at the Finger Pads -- ElectroAR: Distributed Electro-tactile Stimulation for Tactile Transfer -- Haptic Applications -- Identification Rate of Simple and Complex Tactile Alerts in MUM-T Setup -- Attention-based Robot Learning of Haptic Interaction -- Motion Guidance using Translational Force and Torque Feedback by Induced Pulling Illusion -- Perceptually Compressive Communication of Interactive Telehaptic Signal -- Sound Image Icon with Aerial Haptic Feedback -- Stiffness Discrimination by Two Fingers with Stochastic Resonance -- Interest Arousal by Haptic Feedback During a Storytelling for Kindergarten Children -- Investigating the influence of haptic feedback in rover navigation with communication delay -- Shared haptic perception for human-robot collaboration -- Two-Point Haptic Pattern Recognition with the Inverse Filter Method -- Adaptive Fuzzy Sliding Mode Controller Design for a New Hand Rehabilitation Robot.
- This open access book constitutes the proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Human Haptic Sensing and Touch Enabled Computer Applications, EuroHaptics 2020, held in Leiden, The Netherlands, in September 2020. The 60 papers presented in this volume were carefully reviewed and selected from 111 submissions. The were organized in topical sections on haptic science, haptic technology, and haptic applications. This year's focus is on accessibility. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 31510494