Enriching Higher Education Students' Learning through Post-work Placement Interventions [electronic resource] / edited by Stephen Billett, Janice Orrell, Denise Jackson, Faith Valencia-Forrester
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 316 pages 24 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Billett, Stephen, Orrell, Janice, Jackson, Denise, Valencia-Forrester, Faith, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- This edited volume offers a range of insights about, practices of, and findings associated with, enrichening higher education students' learning by their engagement in educational processes during and after the completion of their work integrated education experiences. That is, using post-practicum intervention to augment and enrich those learning experiences. The collected contributions here draw on the processes of trialling and evaluating educational processes that aimed to enrich the work integrated education experiences for purposes of improving students' understandings, abilities to address workplace and occupational requirements. These processes and findings from these processes across a range of disciplinary fields including pharmacy, psychology, physiotherapy, service learning, occupational therapy, journalism and business students education speak directly to educators in both workplace and educational settings across a range of occupational sectors. These messages, which arise from educators and practitioners enacting and evaluating these interventions, offer practical suggestions as well as conceptual advances. The reach of the accounts of processes, findings and evaluations is not restricted to the occupational fields in which the interventions occurred. The lessons provided through this edited volume are intended to inform how post-practicum interventions might be enacted across a range of occupational studies.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 31510675