Fundamentals of Data Analytics [electronic resource] : With a View to Machine Learning / by Rudolf Mathar, Gholamreza Alirezaei, Emilio Balda, Arash Behboodi
- Mathar, Rudolf
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 127 p. 41 illus., 28 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Alirezaei, Gholamreza
SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction -- 2 Prerequisites from Matrix Analysis -- 3 Multivariate Distributions and Moments -- 4 Dimensionality Reduction -- 5 Classification and Clustering -- 6 Support Vector Machines -- 7 Machine Learning -- Index.
- This book introduces the basic methodologies for successful data analytics. Matrix optimization and approximation are explained in detail and extensively applied to dimensionality reduction by principal component analysis and multidimensional scaling. Diffusion maps and spectral clustering are derived as powerful tools. The methodological overlap between data science and machine learning is emphasized by demonstrating how data science is used for classification as well as supervised and unsupervised learning. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 31510990