Anglo-Iranian relations since 1800 / edited by Vanessa Martin
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 170 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Vanessa
- Royal Asiatic Society books
- "Persia" in the western imagination / Ali M. Ansari -- Major-General Sir Robert Murdoch Smith KCMG and Anglo-Iranian relations in art and culture / Jennifer M. Scarce -- The clergy and the British : perceptions of religion and the ulama in early Qajar Iran / Robert Gleave -- The British in Bushehr : the impact of the First Herat War (1838-41) on relations with state and society / Vanessa Martin -- Ordinary people and the reception of British culture in Iran, 1906-41 / Morteza Nouraei -- The relationship between the British and Abd al-Husain Mirza Farman-Farma during his governorship of Fars / Mansoureh Ettehadieh Nezam Mafi -- Britain, the Iranian military and the rise of Reza Khan / Stephanie Cronin -- Oil in Iran between the two world wars / Mohammad Malek -- An assessment of the withdrawal of British forces from the Persian Gulf (1971) within the framework of disputed islands / Reza Nazarahari -- Anglo-Iranian relations over the disputed islands in the Persian Gulf : constraints on rapprochement / Hossein Heirani Moghaddam -- The restoration of diplomatic relations with Iran, December 1953 / Denis Wright.
- 041537295X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3167842