Global Cinderellas : migrant domestics and newly rich employers in Taiwan / Pei-Chia Lan
- Lan, Pei-Chia, 1970-
- Durham, NC : Duke University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 304 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- A bounded global market -- Disdained aliens, stratified others -- Jealous madams and anxious mothers -- Crossing borders and gender divides -- Cinderella with a mobile phone -- Eat, drink, masters and servants.
- Women household employees—Taiwan
- Women migrant labor—Philippines
- Women migrant labor—Indonesia
- Foreign workers, Filipino—Taiwan
- Foreign workers, Indonesian—Taiwan
- Filipinos—Employment—Foreign countries
- Indonesians—Employment—Foreign countries
- Women—Taiwan—Economic conditions
- Women—Taiwan—Social conditions
- 0822337304 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822337428 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -295) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3169941