Promote or protect? : perspectives on media literacy and media regulations / editors, Cecilia von Feilitzen and Ulla Carlsson
- Göteborg, Sweden : UNESCO International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media, Nordicom, Göteborg University, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 260 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Feilitzen, Cecilia von, Carlsson, Ulla, 1950-, and UNESCO International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media
- Yearbook ; 2003
- Media regulation, self-regulation and education: debunking some myths and retooling some working paradigms / Divina Frau-Meigs -- Where are we going and how can we get there?: general findings from the UNESCO youth media education survey 2001 / David Buckingham & Kate Domaille -- Managing without a mandate: the grassroots momentum of media education in the USA / Joanne M. Lisosky -- Media literacy and image education: a European approach / Matteo Zacchetti -- Media literacy initiatives in citizens' rights to communication: the case of Japan / Midori F. Suzuki & Kyoko Takahashi -- Entertainment-education in HIV/AIDS communication: beyond marketing, towards empowerment / Thomas Tufte -- A pedagogical deconstruction of tv audiences in 21st century mediated environments: a Latin-American perspective / Guillermo Orozco Gomez -- Children's on-line life and what parents believe: a survey in five countries / Karin Larsson -- Understanding our youths and protecting them: Singapore's efforts in promoting internet safety / Angeline Khoo, Tyng-Tyng Cheong & Albert Liau -- Parents, children and media: some data from Spain, Brazil, Norway, South Africa and India / Ferran Casas, Monica Gonzalez & Christina Figuer. and Attitudes toward media violence and protective measures in Sweden / Ulla Carlsson -- Self-regulation, co-regulation & public regulation / Carmen Palzer & Alexander Scheuer -- Television and protection of minors in some European countries: a self-comparative study / Piermarco Aroldi -- The myth that the rating systems and V-chip will help solve the problem / W. James Potter -- Regulation of tv contents in Argentina / Santiago Barila -- The state of broadcast regulations on children in Ghana / Audrey Gadzekpo -- A practical response to classification of convergent media in the Australian context: the combined guidelines for films and computer games / Des Clark -- A brief look at the regulation of the broadcast media in Australia / Suzanne Shipard -- Internet content regulation in Australia: a co-regulatory approach / Mike Barnard -- Raising media professionals' awareness of children's rights / Aidan White.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Jeffrey C. and Patricia Rienzi West Libraries Program Endowment for Libraries Information Technology Instruction; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3171061