Firefly Encyclopedia of trees / edited by Stephen Cafferty
- Additional Titles:
- Encyclopedia of trees
- Richmond Hill, Ont. : Firefly Books, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 288 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cafferty, Steve
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- What is a tree? -- Forests -- Trees and mankind -- Trees of every kind.
- "Covers trees from around the world. Includes all conifer genera, the major temperate broadleaves and the most important trees of the tropics ... Contains a fact box, distribution map, table of major species and reference text for most tree groups; color photographs and artwork of species characteristics; an extensive section on trees of the tropics with entries on over 150 genera; ... facts about natural distribution, botany, economic uses and the horticultural relevance of trees; a complete profile for conifer and broadleaf tree groups"--Back cover.
- 1554070511 (bound)
- "A Firefly book"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes "Further reading" (page 277) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Hazleton copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3172631