Death in Venice [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures ; produced and directed by Luchino Visconti for Alfa Cinematografica
- Burbank, Ca : Warner Home Video, 2004.
- Widescreen version.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (131 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Visconti, Luchino, 1906-1976, Bogarde, Dirk, 1921-1999, Valli, Romolo, 1925-1980, Burns, Mark, 1936-2007, Ricci, Nora, Berenson, Marisa, 1942-, André, Carole, Andresen, Bjørn, Mangano, Silvana, 1930-1989, Badalucco, Nicola, Mann, Thomas, 1875-1955, Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ), Alfa Cinematografica, and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- In Venice on holiday, composer Gustav Aschenbach encounters a young Polish boy and becomes obsessed with him, a secret passion that will lead to his doom.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated PG-13.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1971.
After the Thomas Mann novella Tod in Venedig.
Special features: behind-the-scenes faaturette: Visconti's Venice ; theatrical trailer ; and stills gallery.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Screenplay, Luchino Visconti, Nicola Badalucco ; photography, Pasquale de Santis ; editor, Ruggero Mastroianni ; music, Gustav Mahler (from the 3rd and 5th Symphonies).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Dirk Bogarde, Romolo Valli, Mark Burns, Nora Ricci, Marisa Berenson, Carole André, Björn Andresen, Silvana Mangano.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; NTSC (Region 1); Dolby Digital, mono.
- Source of Acquisition:
- New Kensington copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20056.
- Festival de Cannes (1971): 25th Anniversary Award.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 3173127