Bridging laboratory and field research for genetic control of disease vectors [electronic resource] / edited by B.G.J. Knols and C. Louis
- Wageningen UR frontis series ; v. 11
- Executive summary -- Report of the working-group meeting / Christos Louis and Bart G.J. Knols -- Review of previous applications of genetics to vector control / Chris F. Curtis -- Genomics and expected benefits for vector entomology / Christos Louis -- Genetic approaches for malaria control / Marcelo Jacobs-Lorena -- Current thoughts about the integration of field and laboratory sciences in genetic control of disease vectors / Thomas W. Scott -- Genetic approaches in Aedes aegypti for control of dengue: an overview / Kenneth Olson ... [et al.] -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in West and Central Africa / Didier Fontenille and Pierre Carnevale -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Southern and Eastern Africa / Maureen Coetzee -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Southeast Asia / Pattamaporn Kittayapong -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Latin America / Mario H. Rodriguez -- Transition from the laboratory to the field and effective interplay / Christos Louis -- Evaluation of drive mechanisms (including transgenes and drivers) in different environmental conditions and genetic backgrounds / Anthony A. James ... [et al.] -- Tools for monitoring the genetic structure and stability of mosquito populations / Gregory C. Lanzaro, Sergey Nuzhdin and Frederic Tripet -- What are relevant assays for refractoriness / George K. Christophides ... [et al.] -- Fitness studies: developing a consensus methodology / Thomas W. Scott ... [et al.] -- Mosquito mating behaviour / Willem Takken ... [et al.] -- Pathogen evolution issues in genetically modified mosquito vector strategies / Mario H. Rodriquez -- Models to investigate some issues regarding the feasibility of driving refractoriness genes into mosquito vector populations / Chris F. Curtis -- Identification and characterization of field sites for genetic control of disease vectors / Bart G.J. Knols and Hervé Bossin -- Application of genetically modified mosquitoes in national vector control programmes: thoughts on integrated control / Abraham Mnzava ... [et al.] -- Entomological correlates of epidemiological impacts: how do we know it is working? / Andrew Githeko -- Ethical, legal and social issues in the use of genetically modified vectors for disease control / Yeya T. Touré and Lucien Manga.
- Result of a working group that met in Nairobi, Kenya, 14-16 July 2004.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Berlin : Springer, 2006. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Available via SpringerLink.
View MARC record | catkey: 3173443