Bridges around the world : understanding fractions / Elise Wallace
- Wallace, Elise
- Additional Titles:
- Understanding fractions, Engineering marvels : bridges around the world, and Set title: Grades 4-5, Multiplying and dividing fractions
- Huntington Beach, CA : Teacher Created Materials, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Great feats of architecture -- The Americas -- Europe -- Asia-- Australia -- Bridges of the future -- Problem solving.
- What would we do without bridges? They allow us to cross over great heights and dangerous waters that would be inaccessible without bridges. But some bridges are more than a link between two places. From New York to Singapore, the stories of these bridges celebrate the engineers, architects, and the workers who built them. Learn about the world's famous bridges while learning fractions. This nonfiction book combines math and literacy skills and uses everyday examples of problem solving to teach subject area content. The full-color images, math charts and diagrams, sidebars, and practice problems make learning math easy and fun. Text features include a table of contents, glossary, and index to increase understanding of math and reading concepts. An in-depth problem-solving section provides additional learning opportunities while challenging students' higher-order thinking skills.DRA Level 50.
- 9781425858124 paperback
- Interest Grade:
- Grades 4 to 6.
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31808531