Oklahoma! : the making of an American musical / Tim Carter
- Carter, Tim, 1954-
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Revised and expanded edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Oklahoma! premiered on Broadway on 31 March 1943 under the auspices of the Theatre Guild, and today it is performed more frequently than any other Rodgers and Hammerstein musical. When this text was first published in 2007, it offered the first fully documented history of the making of the show based on archival materials, manuscripts, journalism, and other sources. The present revised edition draws still further on newly uncovered sources to provide an even clearer account of a work that many have claimed fundamentally changed Broadway musical theater.
- 9780190665241 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31808844