Building faith : a sociology of religious structures / Robert Brenneman and Brian J. Miller
- Brenneman, Robert E.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Miller, Brian J. (Brian Jonathan)
- Oxford scholarship online
- Religious buildings are all around us. From Wall Street to Main Street, from sublime and historic cathedrals to humble converted storefronts, these buildings shape the global religious landscape, 'building faith' among those who worship in them while providing a testament to the faith of those who built them and those who maintain them. 'Building Faith' explores the social impact of religious buildings in places as diverse as a Chicago suburb and a Guatemalan indigenous Mayan village, all the while asking the questions, 'How does space shape community?' and 'How do communities shape the spaces that speak for them?'.
- 9780190883478 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31808849