Inside the church of almighty God : the most persecuted religious movement in China / Massimo Introvigne
- Introvigne, Massimo
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Oxford scholarship online: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Branded as 'the new Falun Gong' by local authorities, The Church of Almighty God is today the most persecuted religious movement in China. Renowned scholar of religion Massimo Introvigne interviewed several hundred members of this once secretive movement, as well as the Chinese police officers who hunt them. The Church's belief that God has returned to earth in the shape of a Chinese woman makes its theology unique. The story of its continuing persecution in China, and of the accusations of crimes it vehemently denies having committed, reads as one of the most dramatic tales of our time.
- 9780190089122 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31809036