Modernism and close reading / edited by David James
- Additional Titles:
- Modernism & close reading
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (272 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- James, David, 1979-
- The kinship between modernism and close reading has long between taken for granted. But for that reason, it has also gone unexamined. As the archives, timeframes, and cultural contexts of global modernist studies proliferate, the field's rapport with close reading no longer appears self-evident or guaranteed-even though for countless students studying literary modernism still invariably means studying close reading. This authoritative collection of essays illuminates close reading's conceptual, institutional, and pedagogical genealogies as a means of examining its enduring potential.
- 9780191890871 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31809218