Straighten up and fly right : the life and music of Nat King Cole / Will Friedwald
- Friedwald, Will, 1961-
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (560 pages) : illustrations
- Oxford cultural biographies and Oxford scholarship online
- This book offers an interpretation of the two fragmentary texts of the P. Vindobonensis G 40822, now widely referred to as the Muziris papyrus. Without these two texts, there would be no knowledge of the Indo-Roman trade practices. The book also compares and contrasts the texts of the Muziris papyrus with other documents pertinent to Indo-Mediterranean (or Indo-European) trade in ancient, medieval, and early modern times. These other documents reveal the commercial and political geography of ancient South India; the sailing schedule and the size of the ships plying the South India sea route; the commodities exchanged in the South Indian emporia; and the taxes imposed on the Indian commodities en route from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean.
- 9780190882075 (ebook)
- Also issued in print: 2020.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31809228