Learning and Operating Presto [electronic resource] / Bharathan, Vivek
- Bharathan, Vivek
- O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2023.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (98 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Simmen, David, Wang, George, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- The Presto community has mushroomed since its origins at Facebook in 2012. But ramping up this distributed SQL query engine can be challenging even for the most experienced engineers. This practical book shows you how to begin Presto operations at your organization to derive insights on datasets wherever they reside. Authors Vivek Bharathan, David Simmen, and George Wang explain what Presto is, where it came from, and how it differs from other data warehousing solutions. You'll discover why Facebook, Uber, Twitter, and cloud providers including AWS, Google Cloud, and Alibaba use Presto and how you can quickly deploy Presto in production. You'll learn about: Presto security and administration Syntax and connectors Top 15 key configuration parameters Clusters and tuning Troubleshooting: logs, error messages, and more Extending Presto for real-time business insight Extending PrestoDB
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 31821339