Applications of energy harvesting technologies in buildings [electronic resource] / Joseph W. Matiko, Stephen P. Beeby
- Matiko, Joseph W.
- Norwood, MA : Artech House, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 216 pages : illustrations, charts, photographs ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Beeby, Stephen
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Energy harvesting in the built environments -- Solar-cell powered sensor node for emotion monitoring systems in ambient-assisted living environment -- Thermoelectric energy harvesting and power management circuit design -- Inductive power transfer and case study -- Airflow energy harvesting -- Vibration energy harvesting -- The future of energy harvesting in buildings.
- This book explores the available energy sources within commercial and residential buildings and the available technologies for energy harvesting. Energy harvesting within built environments is presented using strong research and commercial examples. This book includes clear and concise case studies on solar cell powered sensor nodes for emotion monitoring systems in ambient assistive living environments and inductive/RF power transfers.
- 9781608079810 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31825546