Political vocabularies [electronic resource] : FDR, the clergy letters, and the elements of political argument / Mary E. Stuckey
- Stuckey, Mary E.
- East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xliii, 253 pages ; 23 cm.
- Rhetoric and public affairs series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: answering the call : creating political vocabularies -- By benefit of clergy : authoritative political vocabularies -- Witnessing politics : the depictive element of political vocabularies -- Revelations : naturalizing political vocabularies -- The American Eden : mythic elements of political vocabularies -- Making a city on a hill : political vocabularies and national policy -- Conclusion : creating a democratic ecclesia through shared political vocabularies.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945—Correspondence
- Clergy letters (1935)
- Rhetoric—Political aspects—United States
- Clergy—Political activity—United States—History—20th century
- New Deal, 1933-1939—Public opinion
- Political culture—United States—History—20th century
- United States—Politics and government—1933-1945
- 9781611862652 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-244) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31863693