Democracy rising : South Carolina and the fight for Black equality since 1865 / Peter F. Lau
- Lau, Peter F., 1971-
- Lexington : University Press of Kentucky, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 334 pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
- Civil rights and the struggle for Black equality in the twentieth century
- Segregation and self-determination: the making of the NAACP -- Riot and reaction: the lineaments of reinvention -- Radicalism and liberal reform: the NAACP during the New Deal -- Civil rights and collective action: the battle for Black empowerment -- Popular fronts: from New Deal coalition to Black rights revolution -- Cold war civil rights: Brown v. Board of Education and the emerging power of the periphery.
- 0813123933 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 283-316) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3196698