Seditious histories : contesting Thai and Southeast Asian pasts / Craig J. Reynolds
- Reynolds, Craig J.
- Seattle : University of Washington Press ; Singapore : In association with Singapore University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 367 pages ; 23 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Critical dialogues in Southeast Asian studies
- A new look at old Southeast Asia -- Paradigms of the premodern state -- Mr. Kulap and purloined documents -- A seditious poem and its history -- Feudalism as a trope for the past -- Engendering Thai historical writing -- Religious historical writing in early Bangkok -- Buddhist cosmography in Thai intellectual history -- A Thai-Buddhist defense of polygamy -- Thai manual knowledge : theory and practice -- National identity and cultural nationalism.
- 0295986107 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 304-346) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3198631