Foster for brass [electronic resource] / [principally composed by] Stephen Foster
- Corporate Author:
- Chestnut Brass Company (Musical group)
- [Hong Kong] : Naxos Music Library, 
- Additional Creators:
- Foster, Stephen Collins, 1826-1864. Selections, Friederich, G. W. E. Selections, Hall, David C., 1822-1900, White, Edward L. (Edward Little), 1809-1851, Grafulla, C. S. (Claudio S.), 1810-1880, Bellak, Ja's (James)., King, J. P. (John P.)., Winner, Septimus, 1827-1902, Ratel, William, and Squire, Alfred
- Ellen Bayne quick step / G.W.E. Friedrich -- Bronze bob tail horse quick step / David C. Hall -- Why, no one to love / Stephen Foster -- California quick step / Edward L. White -- Beautiful dreamer / Foster -- Dolly Day quick step / Claudio S. Grafulla -- Hard times waltz / James Bellak -- We are coming Father Abraam, 300,000 more / Foster -- Colonel Meeker's quick step / J.P. King -- March : My old Kentucky home / G.W.E. Friedrich -- My wife is a most knowing woman / Foster -- Maggie by my side grand march / G.W.E. Friedrich -- Santa Anna's retreat from Buena Vista / Foster -- Willie schottisch / Septimus Winner -- George Hart's quick step / Claudio S. Grafulla -- Some folks / Foster -- Open thy lattice love / Foster -- Old dog tray march / G.W.E. Friedrich -- Camptown quick step / William Ratel -- Massa's in the cold ground / G.W.E. Friedrich -- When this dreadful war is over / Foster -- Come where my love lies dreaming / Foster -- Come where my love lies dreaming quick step / Alfred Squire -- Gentle Annie ; Lulu is gone ; Where has Lula gone / Foster -- Farewell my Lily dear quick step / G.W.E. Friedrich.
- Streaming audio.
Nineteenth-century brass ensembles; reduced from surviving brass band music, instrumented in the style of the time from surviving piano versions, or arr. in the style of the time from Stephen Foster's songs.
Title from image of compact disc cover on Web page (viewed Dec. 15, 2004).
Includes program notes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Chestnut Brass Company (5 saxhorns; performed on 1860's instruments).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Apr. 20 and 22-23, 2001, at the Samuel and Elaine Lieberman Auditorium of the Germantown Branch of the Settlement Music School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Other Forms:
- Also available as compact disc.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: MS Windows 98SE, or 2000, or XP; MS Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 1.7.1, FireFox 1PR, Netscape 7.1, or Opera 7.53; and Media Player 9 or 10.
System requirements: Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or 10.3.5; MS Internet Explorer 5.2, Mozilla 1.7, Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.53, or Safari 1.0; Media Player 9.0. Or, Mac OS 8.6 / 9.0; MS Internet Explorer 5.1; Windows Media Player 7.1.
View MARC record | catkey: 3200563