Wisdom of our fathers : lessons and letters from daughters and sons / Tim Russert
- New York : Random House, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 273 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Russert, Tim, 1950-2008
- Small moments -- Daddy's girl -- Honor -- The teacher -- The character -- Mr. Mom -- Hands (and feet) -- Being there -- Loss -- Baseball -- Forgiveness -- The provider -- Missing dads -- Memories -- The protector -- Tolerance -- Discipline -- The survivor -- Let me tell you a little about him -- Father knows best.
- After the publication of journalist Russert's book about his father, he received thousands of letters from people who wanted to tell him about their own fathers, ordinary men who were remembered and cherished for some of their best moments-of advice, tenderness, strength, honor, discipline, and occasional eccentricity. Most of these daughters and sons were eager to express the gratitude they had carried with them through the years. Others wanted to share lessons and memories and, most important, pass them down to their own children. This book is for all fathers, young or old, who can learn from the men in these pages how to get it right, and to understand that sometimes it is the little gestures that can make the big difference for your child.--From publisher description.
- 1400064805 and 9781400064809
- Source of Acquisition:
- Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 3202361