Hispanic Methodists, Presbyterians, and Baptists in Texas / Paul Barton
- Barton, Paul, 1961-
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2006.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Jack and Doris Smothers series in Texas history, life, and culture ; no. 18
- The Tejano/a Catholic worldview -- "Onward Christian soldiers": Anglo-Protestant missionaries -- "Jesus is all the world to me": los protestantes' appropriation of Anglo-American Protestantism -- "Jesús es mi Rey Soberano": the Mexican-American character of los protestantes -- "Somos uno en el espíritu"? the relationship between los protestantes and Catholicism.
- 029271291X (cloth : alk. paper)
0292713355 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -231) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3203514