Angels on the edge of the world : geography, literature, and English community, 1000-1534 / Kathy Lavezzo
- Lavezzo, Kathy
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 191 pages, 4 pages of plates : illustrations, maps (some color) ; 26 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction : modern motherland and ancient otherworld -- Another country : Ælfric and the production of English identity -- Gerald de Barri and the geography of Ireland's conquest -- Locating England in the Polychronicon -- Beyond Rome : mapping gender and justice in the Man of Law's tale -- "From the very ends of the earth" : medieval geography and Wolsey's processions.
- 0801444292 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -183) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3203598