The essays [electronic resource] : or councils, civil and moral, of Sir. Francis Bacon, ... With a table of the colours of good and evil. And a discourse of the wisdom of the ancients. To this edition is added the character of Queen Elizabeth; never before printed in English
- Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626
- London : printed by E. Holt; for Rich. Wellington, and Edm. Rumbald, 1701.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 167, 9 unnumbered pages, 21, 11 unnumbered pages, 17-114, 2 unnumbered pages ; 8⁰.
- The 'Table of colours' has separate pagination; 'The wisdom of the ancients,' which is translated by Sir Arthur Gorges, has separate pagination and titlepage; register is continuous.
Reproduction of original from the Bodleian Library (Oxford).
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCN9449.
View MARC record | catkey: 3209758