The British magazine and review; or, Universal miscellany of arts [electronic resource] : sciences, literature, history, biography, entertainment, poetry, politics, manners, amusements, and intelligence foreign and domestick, ...
- Additional Titles:
- British magazine and review
- [London [England] : printed for Harrison and Co. no. 18, Paternoster-Row ..., 1782-1783]
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes, plates : illustrations, portraits ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Wood, W., active 1782-1783
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol. 1 (July-Dec. 1782)-
Ceased with v. 3 (July-Dec. 1783).
- Related Titles:
- Busy-body. No. 1-11
Touchstone. No. 1-4
- Publication Frequency:
- Edited by W. Wood (cf. NCBEL).
Engraved title page has cut of Britannia looking out to sea through an arch.
Imprint from July 1782 issue.
Includes 11 essays entitled "The Busy-body" (July 1782-June 1783), and 4 essays entitled "The Touchstone" (Aug.-Nov. 1783).
Reproduction of original from the "Department of Special Collections, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas".
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Complexity Note:
- Cumulates the monthly issues of: The British magazine and review.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1307
Times handlist, p. 45
Crane & Kaye, 68
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCP2287.
View MARC record | catkey: 3213294