Killing us softly
- Additional Titles:
- Killing us softly four : advertising's image of women, Killing us softly 4 : advertising's image of women, Killing us softly three : advertising's image of women, Killing us softly 3 : advertising's image of women, Still killing us softly (1987), and Advertising's image of women
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (4 video files, approximately 142 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- Additional Creators:
- Alper, Loretta, Jhally, Sut, Kilbourne, Jean, Killoy, Andrew, Morris, Scott, Rabinovitz, David, and Kanopy (Firm)
- In this new, highly anticipated update of her pioneering Killing Us Softly series, the first in more than a decade, Jean Kilbourne takes a fresh look at how advertising traffics in distorted and destructive ideals of femininity. The film marshals a range of new print and television advertisements to lay bare a stunning pattern of damaging gender stereotypes - images and messages that too often reinforce unrealistic, and unhealthy, perceptions of beauty, perfection, and sexuality. By bringing Kilbourne's groundbreaking analysis up to date, Killing Us Softly 4 stands to challenge a new generation of students to take advertising seriously, and to think critically about popular culture and its relationship to sexism, eating disorders, and gender violence.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file MPEG-4 Flash
- Audience Notes:
- Grade 9+
- Sequel to: Killing us softly, c1979, Still killing us softly, c1987, and Killing us softly 3, c2000.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Originally produced by Media Education Foundation in 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 32158617