The road to renewal [electronic resource] : Victor Joseph Reed & Oklahoma Catholicism, 1905-1971 / Jeremy Bonner
- Bonner, Jeremy
- Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 425 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: from Catholic American to American Catholic -- Before the Council, 1905-1957 -- The Roman way : early life, 1905-1934 -- A youthful apostolate : the heyday of Catholic action, 1935-1957 -- The institutional church, 1958-1971 -- On being a bishop : renewing diocesan structures -- Educated Catholics : the school question revisited -- Looking outward : parish life and the postconciliar church -- The prophetic church, 1958-1971 -- Worship and the intellect : the challenge of liturgical renewal -- We are our brothers' keepers : the ecumenical impulse -- A colorblind church : the search for racial equality -- Beyond Oklahoma : the Guatemala mission and the Vietnam War -- The human church, 1958-1971 -- From pastor to professional : the Catholic priesthood in the 1960s -- The cost of discipleship : Catholic sisters and modernity -- Out of the ghetto : the conscience of the Catholic layman -- An enduring sense of separation : Catholic identity in crisis.
- 9780813215075 (cloth : alk. paper)
0813215072 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 409-415) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32161642