Teaching flight [electronic resource] : guidance for instructors creating pilots / LeRoy Cook
- Cook, LeRoy
- Newcastle, Washington : Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 151 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Fundamental foundation -- Changing pace -- Tracing a path -- Gauges and gadgets -- Circuits and non-bumps -- The art of arrival -- Alone and assured -- Pushing on -- The world beyond -- The proving run -- Baby steps, bigger steps -- In pursuit of knowledge -- Escaping weather -- Demonic darkness -- Emergencies -- In pursuit of perfection -- The final test.
- "In his latest book, LeRoy Cook writes to new flight instructors but his guidance regarding how to teach people to fly is a must-read for any flight instructor -- or anyone aspiring to become one. LeRoy Cook's book is of the kind sorely needed in the aviation community: in the age of glass cockpits, flight training is producing electronic data managers and as a result, stick and rudder skills have deteriorated. LeRoy Cook does not disparage the advanced avionics that are part of aviation today; instead he emphasizes the basics of flight and the eclectic craft of teaching those basics. Cook never stopped learning about piloting; even after almost 60 years of flying he is still exploring the magic of lift, the symmetry of balanced flight, the mystery of the perfect landing -- in this book, as flight instructor he is happy to share his learning quest on these topics with those that share his love of flight. He writes in the introduction here, "Flying, unlike many other activities, cannot be evaluated from afar. There has to be an initial period of participation before a decision can be made about continuing to devote time and treasure to the training." Cook is author of numerous articles and books about flying and they range from the techniques of piloting an airplane to the joys of being in the air. He writes with a quiet, plain-spoken philosophy that encourages flyers to do their best."-- Provided by publisher.
- 9781619548497 (trade pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32167208