US presidential elections and foreign policy [electronic resource] : candidates, campaigns, and global politics from FDR to Bill Clinton / edited by Andrew Johnstone and Andrew Priest
- Studies in conflict, diplomacy, and peace
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "A godsend to the country"? : Roosevelt, Willkie, and the election of 1940 / Andrew Johnstone -- FDR's closest contender : Thomas E. Dewey and the 1944 election / J. Simon Rofe -- Containing challenges : the triumphs of Harry Truman in the presidential election of 1948 / Michael F. Hopkins -- Confirming the cold war consensus : Eisenhower and the 1952 election / Steven Casey -- When public opinion does not shape foreign policy : Suez, Hungary, and Eisenhower in the 1956 presidential election / Scott Lucas -- Leadership experience in the cold war : Cuba, Khrushchev, and Quemoy-Matsu in the 1960 presidential election campaign / Sylvia Ellis -- The virtues of moderation : foreign policy and the 1964 presidential election / Thomas Tunstall Allcock -- Every way out : Vietnam, American national identity, and the 1968 presidential election / Sandra Scanlon -- The peace candidate : Richard Nixon, Henry Kissinger, and the election of 1972 / Thomas Alan Schwartz -- Dealing with defeat : Gerald R. Ford, foreign policy, and the 1976 election / Andrew Priest -- The domestic politics of war and peace : Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and the election of 1980 / Robert Mason -- 1984, regional crises, and morning in America : the predawn of the Reagan era / David Ryan -- Ending the cold war without debate : foreign policy and the 1988 election / Robert A. Strong -- Internationalism challenged : foreign policy issues in the 1992 presidential election / John Dumbrell.
- 9780813169057 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9780813169071 (pdf), and 9780813169064 (epub)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32170489