Violence and the state [electronic resource] / edited by Matt Killingsworth, Matthew Sussex and Jan Pakulski
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- x, 226 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Killingsworth, Matt, Sussex, Matthew, and Pakulski, Jan, 1950-
- New approaches to conflict analysis
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. War in the Revolutionary-Napoleonic Age : the French experience, 1792-1815 / Gavin Daly -- 2. State violence and the eliticide in Poland, 1935-49 / Jan Pakulski -- 3. State violence and China's unfinished national unification : conflict with minorities / Terry Narramore -- 4. Instruments of state violence in hybridising regimes : the case of post-communist Russia / Matthew Sussex -- 5. Crimea as a Eurasian pivot in "Arc of Conflict" : managing the great power relations trilemma / Graeme P. Herd -- 6. Violence and the contestation of the state after civil wars / Jasmine-Kim Westendorf -- 7. Humanitarian intervention and the moral dimension of violence / Jannika Brostrom -- 8. Limiting the use of force : the ICTY, ICTR and ICC / Matt Killingsworth.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32171236