"We met in Paris" [electronic resource] : Grace Frick and her life with Marguerite Yourcenar / Joan E Howard
- Howard, Joan E., 1951-
- Columbia : University of Missouri, 
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 436 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "The distinguished French author Marguerite Yourcenar (1903-1987) is known to English-language readers all over the world thanks to the compelling translations of a native Missourian, Grace Marian Frick. Frick, raised by a prominent Kansas City family, was a doctoral student in English literature at Yale University in 1937 when she met Yourcenar by chance in Paris. From the first, she saw Yourcenar's genius. A woman of incredible energy and determination, Frick devoted the rest of her life to fostering it, becoming not only Yourcenar's American translator, but was also her creative collaborator and life partner"--
- 9780826221551 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32171843