Map showing Chester-Bridgeport Ferry District, with diagram of main highways extending into surrounding territory / compiled and published by Delaware River Ferry Co., 1933
- Corporate Author:
- Delaware River Ferry Company
- Additional Titles:
- Panel title: Approved express auto routes between New York-New England and Baltimore-Washington and the South : avoid Philadelphia traffic
- [Chester, Pa.] : Delaware River Ferry Co., 1933.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 21 x 28 cm, on sheet 46 x 31 cm, folded to 23 x 10 cm
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale not given (W 77°12ʹ00ʺ--W 73°48ʹ00ʺ/N 40°47ʹ00ʺ--N 38°47ʹ00ʺ)
- Main map encompasses a smaller geographic area within a box that surrounds the region nearest Chester, Pennsylvania; Chester itself is within a red circle indicating the focal point of the map which is for one to use the Chester to Bridgeport, New Jersey ferry as a crossing point to avoid driving through Philadelphia if traveling anywhere from Boston in the north all the way down the Atlantic Coast to Key West, Florida.
"AE-4-3-34"--In lower left corner of the sheet.
Includes ancillary "Map of Chester," ancillary maps of "By-Pass Philadelphia" centered on the Chester-Bridgeport Ferry crossing route and "Baltimore Thru Routes", both with accompanying text, strip map index and mileage chart indicating distances for each of the 12 strip maps on verso, and illustration of a car ferry.
12 strip maps on verso show routes to/from or through Chester from Cleveland, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh in the west and from Boston all the way to Key West, Florida from north to south.
View MARC record | catkey: 32175126