The art of the smile-from diagnosis to individualized multidisciplinary treatment plan [electronic resource] / presented by Rafi Romano
- Additional Titles:
- Art of the smile : from diagnosis to individualized multidisciplinary treatment plan and Art of smile : from diagnosis to individualized multidisciplinary treatment plan
- Los Angeles, CA : Global Institute for Dental Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (82 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Romano, Rafi
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- During the last decade aesthetic demands in general, and in dentistry in particular, have changed dramatically and patients are much more aware of the possibilities that are available for them to achieve better aesthetic results. Many dentists use the latest technology and the most recent innovations in dental materials, but ignore the fundamental factor of the treatment - the diagnosis. Adult treatment always involves a multidisciplinary approach which requires full cooperation of the dental team: prosthodontist-periodontist / dental surgeon-orthodontist. The orthodontist, who is usually the most skilled member of the team to analyze the facial complex, is responsible for providing a detailed diagnosis together with a few alternative treatment plans that are based not only on the dental findings, but also on the patient's request. The lecture will focus on the criteria for proper diagnosis and will provide the clinician the tools that will help him/her achieve a proper individualized treatment plan.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Aug. 14, 2013).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2013. (Dental education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 32177940