On fire : the (burning) case for a green new deal / Naomi Klein
- Klein, Naomi, 1970-
- New York : Simon & Schuster, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 309 pages) : color map
- Introduction: "We are the wildfire" -- A hole in the world -- Capitalism vs. the climate -- Geoengineering: testing the waters -- When science says that political revolution is our only hope -- Climate time vs. the constant now -- Stop trying to save the world all by yourself -- A radical Vatican? -- Let them drown: the violence of othering in a warming world -- The leap years: ending the story of endlessness -- Hot take on a hot planet -- Season of smoke -- The stakes of our historical moment -- Capitalism killed our climate momentum, not "human nature" -- There's nothing natural about Puerto Rico's disaster -- Movements will make, or break, the green new deal -- The art of the green new deal -- Epilogue: The capsule case for a green new deal.
- For more than twenty years Klein has been the foremost chronicler of the economic war waged on both people and planet, and an unapologetic champion of a sweeping environmental agenda with justice at its center. Here she gathers more than a decade of her impassioned writing, and pairs it with new material on the staggeringly high stakes of our immediate political and economic choices. Klein makes the case that we will rise to the existential challenge of climate change only if we are willing to transform the systems that produced this crisis.
- 9781982129934 (electronic bk.)
198212993X (electronic bk.)
9780735279230 (electronic bk.)
0735279233 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Form of work:
- A flame icon represents the word "fire" on the cover and title page.
View MARC record | catkey: 32183608