Where Now for Palestine? [electronic resource]: The Demise of the Two-State Solution
- Hilal, Jamil
- London : Zed Books, Limited Feb. 2007 Gordonsville : Macmillan [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. ill 08.230 x 05.590 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation <div><div>Where Now for Palestine? marks a turning point for the Middle East. Since 2000, the attacks of 9/11, the death of Arafat and the elections of Hamas and Kadima have meant that the Israel/Palestine 'two-state solution' now seems illusory. This collection critically revisits the concept of the 'two-state solution' discusses the changing face of Fateh, Israeli perceptions of Palestine, and the influence of the Palestinian diaspora. The book also analyzes the environmental destruction of Gaza and the West bank, the economic viability of a Palestinian state and the impact of US foreign policy in the region. This authoritative and up-to-date guide is required reading for anyone wishing to understand a conflict entrenched at the heart of global politics. </div></div>
- 9781842778401 and 1842778404 (Perfect)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Zed Books, Limited
View MARC record | catkey: 32205107