Climate Smart Agriculture [electronic resource] : Concepts, Challenges, and Opportunities / by Pratap Bhattacharyya, Himanshu Pathak, Sharmistha Pal
- Bhattacharyya, Pratap
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XVIII, 193 pages 46 illustrations, 40 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pathak, Himanshu
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Green Energy and Technology, 1865-3529
- Introduction -- Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture: Evidences and Predictions -- Dimensions of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Soil Management for Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Water Management for Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Energy Management for Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Crop Management for Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Livestock and Aquaculture Management for Climate Smart Agriculture -- Mitigation of Greenhouse Gases Emissions and Low Carbon Technologies -- Constrains and Barriers of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Mainstreaming of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) -- Messages and Way Forward.
- The books deals with the critical issues of climate change and its impact on agriculture and proposes climate smart agriculture as the probable solution to this issue. It discusses the impact of climate change and greenhouse gases emission on agriculture. It covers the strategies and management options of climate smart agriculture by including crop, water, soil, and energy management with examples and case studies. The subject matter has been presented in a very lucid language, containing real-time case studies, questions and few solved problems in specific chapters. The text is further enriched with simple line diagram and figures, chart, flow charts and tables. The book is primarily for researchers and professionals in the research areas of environmental science, agriculture, soil science, etc. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 32206130