Life Insurance in Europe [electronic resource] : Risk Analysis and Market Challenges / edited by Marta Borda, Simon Grima, Ilona Kwiecień
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 214 pages 56 illustrations, 31 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Borda, Marta, Grima, Simon, Kwiecień, Ilona, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I - Market Picture and Development Challenges -- European Life Insurance Market - Analysis of Current Situation and Development Prospects -- Social Determinants of Life Insurance in the European Union -- The Challenges Faced by Life Insurance Companies in the Baltic States -- The Turkish Life Insurance Market - An Evaluation of the Current Situation and Future Challenges -- The Role Played by EIOPA in the Developments in the Insurance Sector European Consumer Protection Model -- A New Model of Investment Life Insurance Distribution in the Context of Consumer Protection EU Policy -- Analysis of Capital Requirements in Life Insurance Sector under Solvency II Regime - Evidence from Poland -- Part II - Innovations and Risk Analysis -- Longevity-Linked Annuities: How to Preserve Value Creation Against Longevity Risk -- Modelling the Life Expectancy of Elderly People for Life Insurance and Pension Systems -- The Challenges for Life Insurance Underwriting Caused by Changes in Demography and Digitalisation -- Innovation in Life Insurance: the Economic Landscape and the Insurance Distribution Directive -- Internet of Things (IoT): Considerations for Life Insurers -- Discussion of Reducing the Risk of Cancer in Life and Health Insurance.
- This book examines the challenges for the life insurance sector in Europe arising from new technologies, socio-cultural and demographic trends, and the financial crisis. It presents theoretical and applied research in all areas related to life insurance products and markets, and explores future determinants of the insurance industry's development by highlighting novel solutions in insurance supervision and trends in consumer protection. Drawing on their academic and practical expertise, the contributors identify problems relating to risk analysis and evaluation, demographic challenges, consumer protection, product distribution, mortality risk modeling, applications of life insurance in contemporary pension systems, financial stability and solvency of life insurers. They also examine the impact of population aging on life insurance markets and the role of digitalization. Lastly, based on an analysis of early experiences with the implementation of the Solvency II system, the book provides policy recommendations for the development of life insurance in Europe.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 32206181