Pedagogy, Education, and Praxis in Critical Times [electronic resource] / edited by Kathleen Mahon, Christine Edwards-Groves, Susanne Francisco, Mervi Kaukko, Stephen Kemmis, Kirsten Petrie
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 193 pages 9 illustrations, 2 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mahon, Kathleen, Edwards-Groves, Christine, Francisco, Susanne, Kaukko, Mervi, Kemmis, Stephen, Petrie, Kirsten, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction -- 2 What is educational praxis? -- 3 Cultural, social, political and material conditions for praxis and praxis development -- 4 What research approaches facilitate praxis and praxis development in different (inter)national contexts? -- 5 Bildung, education and the professional practice of teaching -- 6 The extended professional and the practice of leading -- 7 Collaborative professional learning for changing educational practices -- 8 Conclusion.
- This book critically explores urgent questions that researchers, educators, and policy makers need to consider and address in order to better our understanding and capacity to transform education. Focusing on areas that underpin the empirical, theoretical, and strategic research of the Pedagogy, Education and Praxis (PEP) International Research Network, it discusses the following topics: the nature of educational praxis; research approaches that facilitate praxis and praxis development; changing cultural, social, political and material conditions affecting the educational practices of teachers; and how good professional practice in teaching, leading, and professional learning are understood and experienced. Presenting findings emerging from the Pedagogy, Education and Praxis research, the book raises new questions and offers new ways of thinking about the identified issues and themes in light of current educational concerns and the prevalence of neoliberal conditions being experienced in educational settings around the globe. It provides supporting evidence and illustrative examples to help readers understand important concepts, situations, and concerns, and brings together intellectual and cultural-historical traditions that, when considered in relation to each other, open up critical opportunities and ideas orienting readers towards future educational transformation. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 32206225