Traffic and Granular Flow 2019 [electronic resource] / edited by Iker Zuriguel, Angel Garcimartín, Raúl Cruz Hidalgo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XXVII, 611 pages 278 illustrations, 246 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Zuriguel, Iker
Cruz Hidalgo, Raúl
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Proceedings in Physics, 0930-8989 ; 252
- Part 1: Pedestrian dynamics -- Chapter 1. Inﬂuence of Corridor Width and Motivation on Pedestrians in Front of Bottlenecks -- Chapter 2. The Measurement of Stress at Open-Air Events: Monitoring Emotion and Motion Utilizing Wearable Sensor Technology -- Chapter 3. Smoothing trajectories of people's heads -- Chapter 4. Inﬂuence of Small-Scale Obstacles on Passenger Flows in Railway Stations -- Chapter 5. Analysis of Pedestrian Motion Using Voronoi Diagrams in Complex Geometries -- Chapter 6. The trouble with 2nd order models or how to generate stop-and-go traﬃc in a 1st order model -- Chapter 7. The impact of walking speed heterogeneity and ﬂow ratio on the pedestrian fundamental diagram -- Chapter 8. Experimental investigation on information provision methods and guidance strategies for crowd control -- Chapter 9. The impact of guidance information on exit choice behavior during an evacuation - a VR study -- Chapter 10. Experimental study on crowds with diﬀerent velocity composition -- Chapter 11. The eﬀect of an obstacle before a bottleneck: inert particles, sheep, and persons -- Chapter 12. Towards Inferring Input Parameters from Measurements: Bayesian Inversion for a Bottleneck Scenario -- Chapter 13. Spatially dependent friction - a way of adjusting bottleneck ﬂow in cellular models -- Chapter 14. Experimental study on the congestion-sharing eﬀect of obstacle on pedestrian crowd egress -- Chapter 15. Experimental setups to observe evasion maneuvers in low and high densities -- Chapter 16. How to change the value of Social Force Model's relaxation time parameter with desired speed such that bottleneck ﬂow remains unchanged -- Chapter 17. An analytical solution of the Social Force Model for uni-directional ﬂow -- Chapter 18. A cognitive, decision-based model for pedestrian dynamics -- Chapter 19. Exploring Koopman Operator Based Surrogate Models - Accelerating the Analysis of Critical Pedestrian Densities -- Chapter 20. Evacuation Characteristics of Students Passing through Bottlenecks. Chapter 21. An eﬃcient crowd density estimation algorithm through network compression -- Chapter 22. Modelling Pedestrian Social Group Passing Strategy with Expression-Matrix and Social Force -- Chapter 23. Pedestrian fundamental diagram in between normal walk and crawling -- Chapter 24. Deep Fundamental Diagram Network for Real-time Pedestrian Dynamics Analysis -- Chapter 25. Data-driven simulation for pedestrian avoiding a ﬁxed obstacle -- Chapter 26. Entropy, Field Theory and Pedestrian Dynamics: Prediction and Forensics -- Chapter 27. The impact of social groups on collective decision-making in evacuations: a simulation study -- Chapter 28. Set-up of a method for people-counting using images from a UAV -- Chapter 29. Modeling of position ﬁnding in waiting processes on platforms -- Chapter 30. Exploring the eﬀect of crowd management measures on passengers' behaviour at metro stations -- Chapter 31. Rotation behaviour of pedestrians in bidirectional and crossing ﬂows -- Chapter 32. Experimental study on one-dimensional movement with diﬀerent motion postures -- Chapter 33. A decision model for pre-evacuation time prediction based on fuzzy logic theory -- Chapter 34. Clogging in velocity-based models for pedestrian dynamics -- Chapter 35. Exit-choice behavior in evacuation through an L-shaped corridor -- Chapter 36. Bidirectional Flow on Stairs at Diﬀerent Flow Ratios -- Chapter 37. Gender proﬁling of pedestrian dyads -- Chapter 38. The eﬀect of social groups on the dynamics of bi-directional pedestrian ﬂow: a numerical study -- Chapter 39. Experimental study on pedestrian ﬂow under diﬀerent age groups and movement motivations -- Chapter 40. Experimental Analysis of the Restriction Mechanisms of Queuing on Pedestrian Flow at Bottleneck -- Chapter 41. Vadere - A simulation framework to compare locomotion models -- Part 2: Granular and active matter -- Chapter 42. First-order contributions to the partial temperatures in dilute binary granular suspensions -- Chapter 43. Acoustic resonances in a conﬁned set of disks -- Chapter 44. Morphological response of clogging arches to gentle vibration. .
- This book gathers contributions on a variety of flowing collective systems. While primarily focusing on pedestrian dynamics, they also reflect the latest developments in areas such as vehicular traffic and granular flows and address related emerging topics such as self-propelled particles, data transport, swarm behavior, intercellular transport, and collective dynamics of biological systems. Combining fundamental research and practical applications in the various fields discussed, the book offers a valuable asset for researchers and practitioners alike. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 32206503