The engineering design primer / Keith L. Richards
- Richards, Keith L.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 302 pages)
- "Created to support senior-level courses/modules in product design, K.L. Richard's ENGINEERING DESIGN PRIMER reflects the author's deep experience in engineering product management and design. The combination of specific engineering design processes within the boader context of creative, team-based product design, makes this the ideal resource for project-based coursework. Starting with design concepts and tasks, the text then explores materials selection, optimisation, reliability, statistics, testing, and economic factors- all supported with real-life examples. Student readers will gain a practical perspective of the work they'll be doing as their engineering careers begin"--
- 9780429559938 (electronic book EPUB), 0429559933 (electronic book EPUB), 9780429555466 (electronic book), 0429555466 (electronic book), 9780429564406 (Mobipocket electronic book), 0429564406 (Mobipocket electronic book), 9780429264917 (electronic book), and 0429264917 (electronic book)
- Includes index.
- Biographical Note:
- Keith. L. Richards is a retired mechanical engineer having worked in the industry for over 55 years. Having served an indentured apprenticeship with B.S.A. Tools that manufactured a wide range of machine tools including the Acme Gridley a multi-spindle automatic lathe built under licence and single spindle automatic lathes; these were built in Britain and widely exported all around the world. On leaving the B.S.A. he served as a freelance engineering designer in a wide range of industries, including aluminium rolling mill design, industrial fork lift trucks and was a lead engineer for the mooring system for the Hutton tension leg platform. In latter years he became more involved stress analysis that led to working in the aerospace industry covering landing gear and environmental control systems for both military and commercial aircraft and trailing wing components for the Airbus A380.
View MARC record | catkey: 32206780