A general dictionary of the English language. One main object of which, is, to establish a plain and permanent standard of pronunciation. To which is prefixed a rhetorical grammar. By Thomas Sheridan, A.M [electronic resource].
- Sheridan, Thomas, 1719-1788
- London : printed [by William Strahan] for J. Dodsley; C. Dilly; and J. Wilkie, 1780.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 4⁰.
- Each volume with half-title.
With final advertisement leaf.
Signatures to vol. 1: pi² [A]-[D]² a-q² B-6F².
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT85061.
View MARC record | catkey: 3227486