The female orators: or, the courage and constancy of divers famous queens, and illustrious women, ... English'd from the French edition of Monsieur de Scudery [electronic resource].
- Scudéry, Madeleine de, 1607-1701
- Uniform Title:
- Femmes illustres. English
- London : printed for Tho. Tebb; Arthur Bettesworth, J. Osborn, Tho. Longman; Sam. Illidge, and J. Jackson, 1728.
- The third edition adorn'd with cuts engraven by J. Sturt.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 204 pages, plates : illustrations ; 12⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Scudéry, M. de (Georges), 1601-1667
- In fact by Madelène de Scudéry.
A reissue, with cancel titlepage and frontispiece, of the first edition, with added plates.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT85541.
View MARC record | catkey: 3227529