The Persian and the Turkish tales, compleat [electronic resource] : Translated formerly from those languages into French, by M. Petis de la Croix, ... And now into English from that translation, by ... Dr. King, and several other hands. To which are added, two letters ... giving an account of the island of Madagascar; and of the French embassador's reception by The King of Siam. In two volumes. ...
- Uniform Title:
- Mille et un jours. English
- London : printed for W. Mears, and J. Browne, 1714.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes(12 unnumbered pages, 755, 7 unnumbered pages;252 pages), plates ; 12⁰.
- Titlepage in red and black.
The titlepage, dedicatory epistle, and table of contents to vol.2 are inserted between pp.495 and 499; 'The Turkish tales' has its own pagination and register, but the French translator's preface, and table of contents form part of the last gathering of 'The Persian Tales'.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Literature and language series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT107790.
View MARC record | catkey: 3230885